When was the last time that you evaluated how you are compensated for your creative services? The last time that you raised your rates to reflect your experience and value? You know what I’m about to tell you: it’s time, in fact, you’re overdue!
Today we’re diving into how to accurately charge for your services based on your value rather than your worth. You’ll learn how the solutions that you provide to the three universal problems every client has–health, wealth, and relationships–are your greatest advantage in accurately pricing your services.
You’ll understand why it’s so important to adjust your fees based on the return on investment that your services give to clients, rather than on the amount of time it took for you to complete.
Remember, you only get paid for your work once, even though it will be enjoyed by your clients for years to come. It’s crucial to learn how to harness and embed your value into your pricing, so that your business can stay lucrative and you don’t burn yourself out.
Fortunately, I have key strategies for you to get the most out of your service pricing without discounting your own worth. Tune into today’s episode to hear my proven tips on how to ask for everything you deserve: because you don’t get what you don’t ask for.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How to solve the three universal problems that all clients have.
- How to move your client from need (logic and their head) to want (emotion and their heart) to increase their investment in your services
- The importance of pricing your services based on outcome value rather than on time
- How to get yourself out of the hourly trap
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community, if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok @MelissaGalt