It may sound truly counterintuitive, but being cheap is killing your profits. We often look for ways to complete important tasks for our business by ourselves to save money. We think that this will maximize our profits because we aren’t spending the money to outsource the job. But taking on too many tasks that you don’t enjoy or aren’t skilled at is really just taking you away from your zone of genius.
When you are in your zone of genius, you’re at that intersection of what you absolutely love to do, what you’re truly brilliant at, and what you’re fast at completing. And if the tasks you are completing for your business don’t live in your zone of genius, you should be outsourcing or delegating them so you can spend more time doing the things you love to do. This will keep you from burning out but will also maximize your profits because your time will be free to complete the work for your business that only you can do.
In today’s episode, I will walk you through some of the ways that you’re actually being cheap. I have solutions for how to work around these tasks that I will share with you. Your business should never feel like a chore–I want you to enjoy your work and be in your highest and best talent. I want you to do what you do best, what you do with ease, and I want you to delegate, outsource, or delete the rest.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why you need to stick to your zone of genius
- Ten ways that you are cheapening yourself and your business
- How to distinguish between tasks you should complete yourself and tasks you should delegate, outsource, or delete
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community, if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and spreads the word about the podcast.
- Contact Tricia for Testimonial Support
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok @MelissaGalt