What are you doing for the whole of your body and soul?
Think about it for a moment. If your first reaction is to say, “Oh, I don’t have time for that, I’m on a roll in my business and self-care has to wait,” then I have some news for you. When you short-change yourself, you short-change your family, your friends, your clients, and, yes, your business. It’s just that important.
Putting yourself first isn’t selfish. It’s healthy and it is self-preservation that helps you to thrive rather than just survive. If you don’t care for yourself first, you put yourself on the fast track to burn-out, sick-out, and checking out. Self-care isn’t something that should be thought of as your last priority, it should be your first.
In today’s episode, I am going to be diving into the care and feeding of your greatest business asset: you. This is an opportunity to become aware of the ways that you are neglecting your best self. I will provide you with some simple strategies for you to put in place to correct the deficiencies, to correct the self-neglect, get off the hamster wheel, and get back your sanity.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why self-care is such a key component for the success of your business
- How to distinguish between self-indulgence and self-care
- Strategies for creating a self-care routine that works for you
- Inspiration from my own self-care routine that may help you to personalize your own
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community, if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and spreads the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok @MelissaGalt