The past few years were a great time for design firms, with an extraordinarily high demand for our creative services. However, the times are beginning to change and we are seeing more and more economic uncertainty, which can be unsettling for many designers. Recessions are a normal part of economic cycles and we can’t avoid them. But, we can be prepared to not only survive them, but to even thrive during them.
One of the keys to surviving an economic downturn is to avoid panic and worry and instead, apply strategic safeguards and seek creative growth opportunities. To make sure that your business is prepared, it is time to evaluate and streamline. I want you entering these uncertain times debt free, or as close to it as possible to reduce your risk.
It may take some careful consideration to get there, but it starts with pushing your creative boundaries and embracing new solutions that your creative mind is already so prepared to find. In today’s episode, I will share with you my ten tips to prepare for the economic uncertainty that we are starting to experience. These tips will help you to be strategic and focused and will give you a sense of confidence and ease that will help you breathe easier and feel prepared for anything that may come your way.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Ten tips for surviving and thriving during economic uncertainty
- The importance of building and maintaining an emergency fund
- How your creativity can be used in your favor when looking for new ways to streamline your business practices
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community, if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and spreads the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok @MelissaGalt