We all hit a rut at some point in our design careers. Perhaps you’ve gotten to a place where business seems to have slowed down and you want to hit the refresh button to jumpstart yourself into a new market of clients. Or, maybe you are a budding new designer, trying to build up your portfolio and make it into your ideal client market.
Whether you are new to the game or simply looking for a new perspective, you need to step outside of your comfort zone and use the tools you have at your disposal to expand your business. That also means looking for clients in places that you may have yet to consider.
In today’s episode, we’re diving into 7 unexpected ways to find clients when you are just starting out or stuck in your business. Think of it as both inspiration and strategic guidance to help you get from starting out into a place of momentum and accomplishment.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Seven out-of-the-box solutions to tracking down new markets for potential clients
- Why being your own client can be especially rewarding
- The importance of leveraging social media in your business
- Why doing whatever it takes will get you farther than just stopping at your best
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community, if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach