In many parts of the country, we are seeing a downturn in business. The kneejerk response for many designers is panic mode–and that might be your reaction as well if you are dealing with the uncertainty of losing your steady stream of client inquiries. Economic uncertainties are bound to happen, but they shouldn’t dictate the trajectory of your creative business. It’s easy to panic and worry when inquiries aren’t pouring in, but remember – what you focus on expands, what you think about you bring about.
Mastering your business numbers and marketing strategies is crucial, especially in tough economic times. Are you familiar with your break-even number? Do you understand your overhead expenses? Do you have an emergency fund in place? We discuss all of this and more in today’s episode, including insights on strategic team and payroll reductions, client incentivization, and getting ahead of the curve by ordering before price increases.
We’ll also shed light on the importance of networking and due diligence when venturing into new territories. Whether you’re struggling with financial management, grappling with marketing strategies, or seeking ways to attract your ideal client in a dry spell, harnessing the power of a positive mindset and masterful business strategies will help you overcome these hurdles. Don’t let economic uncertainty deter you! Instead, let’s turn it into an opportunity to redefine and revolutionize your creative practice.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Recommended strategies to help you maintain a positive mindset as a creative in uncertain times
- How knowing your exact overhead numbers can help you stay afloat in a pinch
- Tips on finding the right agents, builders, and other professionals when moving your business into a new neighborhood
- The importance of having a clear, client-targeted website and marketing strategy that reflects your unique personality when attracting ideal clients
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- For more information about The Affluent Creative, check out my website www.melissagalt.com
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach