When holding interviews, it’s common to feel as if you’re the one being interviewed. Sometimes our nerves get the best of us, and we talk more than we listen, or we don’t allow ourselves to see the candidate for the person they are presenting themselves to be. So, today, we’re going to dive into some of my best interviewing and onboarding tips and tricks.
In last week’s episode, we discussed how to hire local assistants correctly the first time. Today’s episode builds on that theme, with my interviewing tips and tricks for hiring that sticks. Hiring and team building are such broad topics with so much to dig into, so I’ve divided them into smaller chunks that you can focus and take action on.
Follow along with the process and join in!
In this episode, you will hear:
- Unexpected question suggestions for strategic and insightful interviews
- How to get a feel for a candidate’s skills and experience during the interview process
- Things to keep in mind during a new hire’s onboarding process
- Tips on structuring a thorough employment agreement
05:50 The essential questions to ask before hiring
12:11 Examples of thoughtful and interactive questions for interviews
16:40 Paperwork: Confidentiality and NDAs
19:02 The value of the 90-day performance review incentive
24:40 Valuable traditions in building culture and team.
30:14 Do you need a Director of Operations?
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and helps spread the word about the podcast.
- View and download all the resources mentioned in today’s episode here: https://melissagalt.mykajabi.com/resources-for-hire-local
- For more information about The Affluent Creative, check out my website www.melissagalt.com
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach