If you are anything like how I was as a young creative, you may view procrastination as a productivity tool. I pretended that waiting until the 11th hour to do something meant that I would get it done better, faster, and stronger. Instead, I got it done with a ton of unnecessary stress put on both myself and my teammates.
There’s a reason I don’t recommend that approach, and I can say that I’ve learned a lot since those days. That’s why today, I want to share with you the rules and tips that I’ve mastered over the years to help with reclaiming your productivity.
There are plenty of important tasks that many designers and creatives tend to procrastinate on–I’m looking at you, invoicing! But I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve to help you reclaim your focus on those daunting tasks, reset your mind frame, and learn to prioritize productivity over perfectionism.
In this episode, you will hear:
- My two rules and twelve tips for reclaiming your productivity
- The best way to make yourself a lasting and impactful list of incompletions
- Creative ways to hold yourself accountable for finishing up those incompletions
- How sometimes sprucing up your working environment can also make the task at hand more enjoyable
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach