Welcome back to another episode of The Affluent Creative where today, we are uncovering the secrets to constructing a powerful circle of influence and income within your design business. Building a robust circle of influence is a foundational element of your creative design firm’s success. Yet, very few designers actually know how to cultivate this circle or are neglecting the circle they already have.
That’s why I wanted to dive in and share my strategies for maintaining effective marketing and client communication. From expanding your list of contacts to crafting compelling email subject lines, we’re digging into techniques to elevate your business that you might not have thought of yet. We’ll discuss the importance of building connections with a variety of profitable partners and leveraging special occasions to send out personalized messages to those potential future clients.
Additionally, we explore layering digital marketing with non-digital techniques, such as utilizing quarterly snail mail newsletters to boost brand awareness. I will share with you a simple plan for creating a successful newsletter that includes a personal touch without overcomplicating it. If you are a designer that hasn’t put much thought into your potential client connections, you’ve got a wobbly inside your business! Following these tips will help you to expand your influence while leading your business to firmer ground.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Connections that you should be adding to your list of contacts
- Why you still need to utilize snail mail, even if your marketing is primarily digital
- The importance of a captivating subject line for ensuring your email gets opened
- My simple template for creating effective and engaging newsletters
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach