Are you tired of feeling held back by bad habits in your design business? Think of habits simply as patterns of behavior that have become routine. There are healthy habits and unhealthy habits, and we all have a bit of both. Unfortunately, some of these unhealthy habits can be costing you a lot more in your design practices than you might realize and they can be very easy to fall into but trickier to break.
In today’s episode, I am going to walk you through a list of some of the bad habits that I encounter in many of the designers I work with. By pointing these habits out, I want to create awareness and shine a light on unhealthy business habits to give you a chance to take corrective action. Your awareness of these habits is key to helping yourself to reclaim time, money, energy, and productivity. Plus, there’s a whole lot of extras that you’re going to reap as a benefit of breaking these bad business habits.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Bad habits in sourcing, billing, and client communication that might surprise you
- Strategies that you can use to break free from unhealthy habits
- The importance of setting boundaries and proactively establishing communication practices with clients early on
- The power of asking for testimonials for boosting future design business
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Check out my downloadable resources for this episode HERE.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach