I’m willing to bet that if you are about to tune into this show, there is a 90% chance that you are a perfectionist. I can confidently make that claim because I have yet to meet a creative who wasn’t!
As creatives, we often fall into the trap of postponing opportunities and stalling our business progress in the name of achieving that “perfect” standard. We may laugh it off or even try to turn it into a strength, but this bad habit can harm our business profits. In today’s episode, we’re having a crucial conversation about perfectionism and how it is sabotaging your business success.
First, we’ll explore the 10 hotspots where perfectionism might lurk in your business, from logo design to your website, business cards, and photography. Then, we’ll discuss the three different types of perfectionism and the two dimensions of perfectionism, all of which could be costing you time, money, and opportunities. I’ll also share my best strategies for beating perfectionism and unlocking the true potential of your business.
Remember, perfectionism is not a strength but a self-imposed standard that often stands in the way of progress. Let’s beat perfectionism together so you can maintain your business momentum!
In this episode, you will hear:
- The most common areas within your business that perfectionism is disrupting and how to overcome these tendencies
- How setting realistic and flexible goals can help you beat perfectionism
- The importance of allowing yourself to be bad at something until you get good at it
- How to embrace imperfections and harness the gifts they offer
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach