With such unprecedented demand for design since the pandemic, a lot of designers ended up putting themselves in overdrive. They got so busy producing and delivering the work that they lost sight of their actual goals and are now feeling depleted, wiped out, and that they’ve lost their passion for design. If that sounds familiar, I encourage you to really lean into this episode, as I’ve got some simple and small steps for solutions.
Sometimes we all find ourselves stuck in a creative rut, feeling frustrated and bored with our work. We can find ourselves in many types of ruts: you could be caught in a rut with your revenue, team, clientele, systems, environment, or even your brand. It’s important to recognize the signs of being stuck and take the steps to get yourself off that hamster wheel and back into your best creative headspace.
On today’s episode of The Affluent Creative, we’re diving into how to break free from a creative rut and reignite our passion for achieving business success. I’ll share my own experiences of navigating my way out of creative ruts as well as how to differentiate when you are experiencing depression versus creative stagnancy. Through my tips, you’ll learn how to identify when you are feeling stuck and in what capacity, and most importantly, what to do about getting out. From rearranging your office to changing your business style, every move contributes significantly to reigniting the creative fire within you. Join me as we conquer this challenge together and reclaim your passion.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How to recognize when you’re in a business rut
- How to differentiate a creative rut from depression
- The importance of identifying and implementing personal “fuel” points to help refuel creativity and break the cycle
- The power of testimonials in helping you to overcome your rut
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach