Comparison can be a destructive force, leading us to undermine our confidence and personal success. Today, I’m sharing ten secrets to escape this trap and claim your success, focusing on recognizing your unique blend of education, experience, expertise, talent, personality, hobbies, and interests.
First, we’ll explore the all-too-common problem of falling into the comparison trap. Together, we delve into understanding the triggers that lead us to destructive comparisons, often exacerbated by the role of social media. I share strategies to tackle these triggers and remind you that you are unique, with a combination of education, experience, and talent that sets you apart. I’m also sharing some insights from Benjamin Hardy and Dan Sullivan, authors of The Gap and The Gain, who offer guidance on how to stay in the ‘gain’ space for optimal well-being.
Throughout this episode, we explore a variety of tools and tactics to build confidence and avoid the pitfall of comparison. We delve into the importance of celebrating victories, no matter how small, and discuss the concept of a confidence kit or brag book. By the end of this episode, you will be equipped with the tools to escape the comparison trap and focus on your personal journey to success.
Join us on this enlightening journey as we escape the comparison trap and focus on our path to success. You are you, and that is your superpower.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How to identify and reduce triggers that lead to destructive comparisons
- Why minimizing time spent on social media can help you avoid harmful comparisons
- Insights from authors Benjamin Hardy and Dan Sullivan about staying in the ‘gain’ space for improved wellness
- The importance of gratitude in maintaining a healthy perspective and boosting self-confidence
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach