How faithful are you to your process? Do you find yourself sometimes skipping over, ignoring, or avoiding steps? Whether accidentally or intentionally, when you break your process, you break your profit.
However, whether accidentally or intentionally, when you break your process, you break your profit. Your design process needs to be followed tightly because it will lead you to more profit, save you time, and increase your productivity. Having a process takes you out of winging it and puts you into winning it; sticking to your process removes random and delivers revenue.
Today, I’m your guide on a deep dive into process management and client relationships, two key areas that could make or break your design business. I’ll share with you some practical tips on how to spot red flags and protect your practice from potential pitfalls by identifying poor-fit clients from the get-go. We’ll discuss the importance of having open conversations about your client’s design investment early on, as well as how to conquer that uncomfortable feeling when discussing numbers.
But it’s not all doom and gloom! I’ve got some top tips on how to secure your ideal client and craft an offer that’s too good for them to resist, ensuring your bottom line stays healthy while you attract clients that are a perfect fit for you. Staying true to your process will help you grow your profits in the long run, so tune in to fine-tune those details now so you can stick to them later.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The importance of effective process management in maximizing profits in design practices.
- Strategies to identify and weed out poor fit clients, including recognizing warning signs and managing client expectations
- Ways to navigate the discomfort associated with talking numbers with your clients
- How to protect your practice from potential pitfalls, such as unrealistic timelines and indecisive decision-makers
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach