Are you one of those people who spends most of your work day rushing from crisis to crisis? Do you often feel buried by the details and struggle to create any sort of long range plan? Stop. Life is too short to spend it chasing solutions and realistically you aren’t creating an impact or making a difference beyond the moment. There is a better way.
Imagine a business that fuels your dreams, feeds your success, and provides a clear vision for your future so you can prosper. It’s not only possible, it’s actually simple when you know and act on the steps here. What your business acts like, feels like, smells like, sounds like, and looks like is a series of choices. Too often you are allowing these choices to occur by default, instead of by design. Let’s take a look at the steps you can take quickly and comfortably to become the architect and builder of your business and the creator of your life of vision.
- Architect your dreams. This is about unleashing your limitations, stepping out of being “realisitic” and allowing yourself to write down all of your big dreams. I encourage you to think of a minimum of a hundred covering all aspects of your life, your career, your health and wellness, your image and style, your home, your relationships, your finances, your faith, your hobbies and travel, and any other aspect you want to include. This is about being limitless, not even the sky can stop you.
- Design your desired experiences. Some call this goal setting, I encourage desired experiences because all too often goals can be missed and when they are, that feeling of failure sets in rather than the sense of a lesson learned. Lessons move us forward and ultimately closer to our “goals.”
- Build your support systems for success. Create a network of colleagues, friends, and family to support and nurture you through your business and your life. Let go of the toxic relationships (and we all have them) and focus on those that truly fuel your confidence and your path.
- Contract out your weaknesses.Always focus on your strengths rather than try, as many people do, to make your weaknesses your strengths (read, wasting your time). Put a winning team in place, whether they are in person or virtual isn’t important. What is vital is that you master the art of delegating to reclaim time for those profit building and life enriching priorities and tasks only you can tackle.
- Decorate your life with rewards and results. Take the time to embrace your accomplishments. Stop and smell not only the roses, but pick the gladiolas, arrange the daisies, and water your garden of success. A life of striving and never arriving is indeed and empty life. Oh and this is about sharing your good fortune as well. Giving of yourself both in word and deed is the surest way to get rich quickly!
These five steps when implemented each and every day are sure to bring you a life of vision, a business of impact, and sense of personal and professional accomplishment and gratitude that is lasting. Stop chasing the bright shiny opportunities and keep your eyes focuses on the shine of achieving your dreams.
Your blueprint is always flexible because nothing is set in stone. Find your purpose and embark on your path with passion. Design your success and you will find that the business and life you build are solid, supporting, and filled with relationships that nurture and fuel you. Embrace the opportunity to live as a HUMAN BEING rather than be trapped as a HUMAN DOING.
Which of these steps will you take first? Comment and share with my your biggest business hurdles and life struggles!
Don’t forget to Subscribe to my RSS feed, Like me on Facebook, or Follow me on Twitter!