Today, we’re continuing our two-parter series on the impact of Instagram on your business and how to harness its power to build your creative brand. In the last episode, we talked about why you should be using Instagram, what to post and when to post it, and a few other nuggets such as how to create your bio and design your grid. In today’s episode, we are diving into how to make sure that you are seen on Instagram–because what good is it to spend your precious time on Instagram if it is not getting you that needed client traffic?
I wanted to focus an episode exclusively on hashtags and who to follow because simply posting without engaging or deploying hashtags in a strategic manner is going to be a big, hairy waste of your time. The point of using hashtags when you post is to get you found faster. And I’ve spent a lot of time geeking out over these hashtag tips to save you time in that trial and error stage and help you target exactly who you are looking for through the words they are using. These strategies will help you to approach your engagement in an efficient and targeted way so you’re not just pulling at straws trying to get your clients to find your posts and interact with your content.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What hashtags are and how to use them to your benefit through localized tags and project tags
- How hashtag blocks can save you time when posting
- Why it is so important to strike the perfect balance of low-use, mid-use, and high-use tags
- Where to look for followers that will help to increase your client traffic
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and helps spread the word about the podcast.
- See my resource guide to recap the information from today’s episode
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach