As a creative, you may be terrified of networking. I get it–even if you were to throw me into a room of people without my cloak of expertise, I’d be heading for the closest comfortable wall to hide! I know that this makes sourcing client referrals feel overwhelming and uncomfortable at times, so I’ve put together my best advice on how to make networking work for you.
In our conversation, I’ll be sharing my tips on how to build your own private network for lucrative and ideal client referrals, how to identify who already serves your ideal clients, and is not a competitor, and how to build revenue relationships through research.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The importance of looking for referral resources at all levels of a project
- How to select the best members for your profit posse
- My suggestions for well-crafted email invites to send to potential partners
- Tips for putting together an in-person launch meeting for your newly assembled posse
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and helps spread the word about the podcast.
- See my resource guide to recap the information from today’s episode:
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach