Receiving objections from clients can feel incredibly uncomfortable without the right frame of mind. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of taking objections personally or resisting them outright. It can feel like your own worth is being rejected.
However, dealing with objections becomes much easier when you can learn to actually welcome them. They can instead become an opportunity to educate your client on the value of your design and the transformation that you are going to create for them.
In today’s episode, we are tackling how to overcome those negative associations with objections. Instead of being afraid and resisting when clients push back, I want to help you embrace them. The goal is to reframe the potential for an objection to be viewed as an opportunity to build more trust, clarity, confidence, and comfort for your client.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Ways to reframe your relationship with client objections
- Why you should never reduce your fees
- The importance of a thorough and vetted client agreement
- How to distinguish between objections to overcome versus objections to honor
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love to welcome you to our creative community if you haven’t yet subscribed.
We’d truly appreciate it if you drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and helps spread the word about the podcast.
- See my resource guide to recap the information from today’s episode:
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach