It’s so easy to geek out over the design process–it’s what gets our creative juices going. But something that we always have to remember is that as designers, we would not have a place for those creative talents to flow if we didn’t have clients. Even so, you’d be surprised how often I notice the client missing almost entirely from the focus of the design process.
There may be a space where you, too, are forgetting or ignoring your clients inside your design business. We’re talking about that important space before you even begin to discuss the scope of work or dive into targeted expert design recommendations, when the focus needs to be all on the client.
So, in today’s episode, I want to point these places out because they are costing you in many ways. Building that trust and creating those connections early on will only make the design process that much smoother for both yourself and your client. Awareness of all of the places where you need to leverage that fascination factor to get to know your clients will light the way for creatively rewarding, profitable, and potentially even lifelong partnerships with your most ideal clients.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Places where you may be forgetting your clients within your design business
- The importance of finding out more about your potential clients
- Why you should be building client stories into your portfolio
- Questions to ask your client to build your rapport and understanding of them in addition to their design needs
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- See my resource guide to recap the information from today’s episode.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach