When you’re working at the right end of the market, it’s incredibly rare that a client won’t move forward once they’ve been educated about the value of your design proposal, even if they give some initial pushback on pricing. So, if you find yourself struggling to seal that deal with your ideal client, you need to look at some of the other, surprising factors that may be making your ideal client hesitate to work with you. That’s why today, I want to share with you 15 reasons that might be stopping you from getting hired, even when your price is right.
The absence of a thorough design process, a low Know-Like-Trust factor, and even a potential client’s partner feeling insecure can drastically impact your success rate. In this episode, I will guide you through the process of focusing on your client’s interests, making your relationship with potential clients an inviting and exciting courtship, and allowing your own personality to shine through your business to attract similarly-minded clients.
I also discuss ways to make your clients feel special throughout the design journey – from sending thoughtful check-ins and gifts to walking them through their agreements so they are familiar with your process every step of the way. Tune in today to learn how to provide that first-class client care your ideal client expects, increase proposal acceptance rates, and uncover the secrets of getting hired and creating lasting connections with your clients.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Surprising factors that impact your success rate in getting hired
- Why making the courtship with potential clients more inviting and exciting can help secure long-term client relationships.
- How to provide first-class client care
- The importance of walking clients through your agreements and leveraging digital tools to remove obstacles during the discovery process
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach