When was the last time that you invested and treated yourself to some quality self-care time? Is self-care something that you allow for yourself regularly or do you find yourself putting it off until you’re less busy? The way that you view self-care is directly connected to the path of burnout. And though it may sound daunting at first, it is very possible to build a successful creative practice without compromising your well-being. You just need to give yourself permission.
Today’s episode aims to give you just that: the permission to figure out your ticks, your expectations, and your preferences, and allow yourself to indulge in them from time to time, gifting yourself the kind of self-care that you deserve. We’re talking all about that critical ingredient of balance within your business so that you can step off the path to burnout.
I will share with you my strategies for managing a busy creative career, family time, and rest in such a manner that one aspect doesn’t undermine the others. Together, we’ll explore strategies and solutions, including treating yourself to some luxury, blocking off personal time on your calendar months ahead, and checking in with your own expectations of what play looks like for you.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Tips on achieving a harmonious work-life balance and avoiding burnout
- The crucial role of setting clear expectations and standards, especially when traveling with others
- The necessity of being aware of one’s triggers and how to manage them effectively
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach