When did you last professionally check in with your team members? Have you ever tried utilizing a third party to collect self-evaluation answers from your team members rather than relying on skewed answers from bringing these questions up during evaluations?
Today’s episode of The Affluent Creative is one you won’t want to miss, whether your team is local, remote, or maybe not even yet existent. Chances are, even if you don’t yet have a team working for your design business, you will eventually need to hire one. And, even if it seems like your team is working out well, there may be issues you aren’t aware of that are getting in the way of maximizing your design business’ profits and your team’s satisfaction. You might even find yourself wanting to self-reflect on your own employee happiness and contributions within your own business.
Today, we are talking about the ways to get your team to get more done. I have so many tips and strategies to share with you that will help you to get the most out of your team, by getting their honest views on their workload, making them feel valued, and delegating tasks as needed to share the workload respectfully. The key is getting your team to take ownership of their role in the business so that they will be able to perform at higher levels. I’ll help you to shine a spotlight on the hidden talents within your team and guide you on how to motivate your team to align with your company’s mission and goals.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The importance of having a self-evaluation for team members, especially when distributed through a third-party system
- Strategies to maximize team members’ effectiveness by uncovering hidden talents and delegating tasks appropriately.
- How to build a culture of ownership and engagement within a team, including creating a shared vision
- Why transparency is so important in a creative business
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- When you’re ready to take your design practice to the next level, explore your expert coaching and training options with Melissa Galt.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn @MelissaGalt and TikTok @MelissaGaltBusinessCoach