I am embarrassed to confess that I have a multiple personality disorder. I didn’t realize it until I went searching for an introduction for an upcoming event and found no less than 36 different introductions on file over the past decade. OMG, I am one person, not 36. Even if I’d updated annually with new accomplishments, milestones achieved and honors, it would be less than 10.
I’m betting you may be suffering from a similar disorder though I hope with fewer personalities! Even though my topics may be similar in many cases, the audiences are different enough to warrant a new introduction (at least I thought so.) This is the biggest reason I am saying “NO,” to a lot right now. I’m focused only my perfect fits in all formats, speaking, consulting, and coaching.
My last week of “NO” is leading to a lifetime of “YES.” I want to invite you to do the same. Here are 5 Simple Secrets to Being Whole and Happy in Your Business:
1. Pick one specialty within the millions out there and focus on it. If you need help, think of the experts you know and see how many you can identify by specialty. (Jeff Herring does Article Marketing. Kim Roach is the Traffic Queen. Lou Bortone is Video King . . . and so on.) You will make more as a specialist, than a generalist always.
2. Pick no more than three target markets and get really detailed in your focus. You should be able to write each market a personal note that would address their pain points, their priorities, and present your services or product as their ideal solution.
3. Create one signature talk that you give regularly to networking groups, in teleseminars, as a webinar, and even in interviews. You’ll even use your talking points as the basis for blog posts, articles, and your book! One talk that summarizes your key learning points and gives people a delicious taste of what you offer so they want more.
4. Focus exclusively on where your target market hangs out, online and offline. Don’t get sidetracked by bright shiny opportunities to chase new crowds and dabble in new markets.
5. Become a BIG FISH in a LITTLE POND, instead of a guppy in the ocean. Stop being a best kept secret and become well known and profitable for your talent, gifts, and delivery of them.
The most important piece in this is in the video here, GO WATCH IT!
Be who you are and you’ll love what you do … really.