You are your biggest and most valuable asset, without you there would be no business, no family, no kids, no house, none of it. So I want you to think about yourself as an investment and write down if you have taken good care of your investment this year or not. Answer the following questions, YES or NO (okay you can say SORT OF if you must) Score at the close.
- Did you regularly sleep through the night, confident in your business plan and success?
- Did you take care of your health with exercise, eating right, and fun?
- Did you enjoy at least one two week vacation in to decompress and recharge?
- Did you take the family time you wanted and your family needed?
- Did you escape with friends and indulge in your hobbies (whether that’s shopping, traveling, golf, bridge, gardening, or a spa day)?
- Did you build deeper relationships with clients and customers?
- Did you create upsell opportunities to harness repeat buyer patterns?
- Did you participate in teleseminars, webinars, and live trainings to take business further?
- Did you join a mastermind and become an active participant?
- Did you work with a coach or mentor?
- Have you learned at least 10 simple and low cost ways to move your business forward?
- Did you start a blog?
- Has your website been search engine optimized?
- Are you an active and valued presence on at least three social (aka success) networks?
- Did you launch your ezine?
- Are you writing articles?
- Have you built a winning team either virtual or real time?
- Have you mastered technology or become a slave to it?
- Are you taking online connections and building them into real time business relationships?
- Did you accomplish what you set out to in 2009?
While these are past tense for 2009, they are present tense for the year ahead. Score yourself as follows: 1 point for No, 2 points for Sort of (see I know you), 4 points for Yes
Under 20 Points, You skipped a question or two!
20 – 40 points, You need a coach/mentor and a plan to make 2010 a lot better than 2009. You are likely suffering a serious lack of focus and prone to chasing bright shiny objects. STOP! You must get clear on your target, your talent and the transformation you offer. Proceed with caution, you can turn it around in 2010 but only by making an about face!
40-60 points, You are on track but struggling a bit. It is likely you need to delegate, reprioritize, and focus on revenue producing activities as well as eliminating a propensity for perfectionism that is standing in your way of success. You can turn it around in 2010.
60-80 points, You are on path and on purpose with passion. You don’t get derailed by challenges but keep going and redirect when necessary. You would benefit from a mastermind and a coach if you don’t already have them. You want to evaluate your team members and replace any weak links. 2010 is going to be your year!
Take the quiz, and comment your results below!